i found this piece by Laura Rowley and i simply had to have it on my Page
Money and Happiness.com -
Get Inspired - A Guide to Living the Good Life by Laura Rowley:
The seven laws of aligning money, values and happiness
1. Know thyself: Understand what values you want to express in your earning, spending, saving and investing.
2. Be grateful. A grateful heart is never envious.
3. Be giving, of your talent, time, and money.
4. Be diligent and responsible: Don't expect managing your money to be easy; keep learning, and be accountable for your own financial life.
5. Be flexible. In the fires of failure are the seeds of new opportunity. Anything is possible, even a better route than the one you had in mind.
6. Be trusting, in your good common sense, in the people you love, in your hard work.
7. Keep it light: It's only money. Get Inspired The path to financial well-being begins when we align money behaviors with core beliefs. What's the best way to bring them together? You can express your values in the way you earn money; the goals for which you save; the things you buy; the investments you make; and your charitable giving.
Thursday, 13 September 2007
John Paul Karijo
- Loving life and living it. “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” (Mary Anne Radmacher)Give yourself completely in everything for that is love and only when we love can we find God.