i found this piece by Laura Rowley and i simply had to have it on my Page
Money and Happiness.com -
Get Inspired - A Guide to Living the Good Life by Laura Rowley:
The seven laws of aligning money, values and happiness
1. Know thyself: Understand what values you want to express in your earning, spending, saving and investing.
2. Be grateful. A grateful heart is never envious.
3. Be giving, of your talent, time, and money.
4. Be diligent and responsible: Don't expect managing your money to be easy; keep learning, and be accountable for your own financial life.
5. Be flexible. In the fires of failure are the seeds of new opportunity. Anything is possible, even a better route than the one you had in mind.
6. Be trusting, in your good common sense, in the people you love, in your hard work.
7. Keep it light: It's only money. Get Inspired The path to financial well-being begins when we align money behaviors with core beliefs. What's the best way to bring them together? You can express your values in the way you earn money; the goals for which you save; the things you buy; the investments you make; and your charitable giving.