Thursday 29 July 2010

Victorious Vivian - CAA African Athletics Championship

Well I told you not to miss the 5000 m finals ... I hope you heeded me. I managed to get off work just in time to watch Vivian Cheruiyot put Meseret Defar and Tola both Ethiopians to second and third place and win Kenya's second gold.

Vivian made us all of us proud and you could just feel the unity and the pride as the national anthem was played.

I also watched the Kenyan men come second in Heat 2 of the 4×100 relay and also Mutai come second in 400 m hurdles heat.

I missed the semi finals of the mens 800 m but David Rudisha, Jackson Kivuva and Kirwa will all be in the finals tomorrow.

The CAA African Athletics Championships are living up to all expectations and Kenyans today packed the stadium to capacity.

Also in the weekend highlights is Florence Wasike who has starred for Kenya in so many events in the championships I have lost count - actually it is supposed to be seven(Heptathlon) but Florence seems to be everywhere from day one - yesterday.

We shall be looking forward to a really packed stadium over the weekend especially when the women 800 m will be run and our very own "Eldoret Express" Janeth Jepkosgei will be doing what she does best.

No comments: