Monday 4 October 2010

SAFARICOM CLASSICAL FUSION

SAFARICOM CLASSICAL FUSION

Who would have thought classical music would be that fun - I spent the whole afternoon watching it on KTN television and was absolutely envious of the crowd that made it to Impala Grounds because they definitely looked like they were having a great time.

Of course I am not the classical music connoisseur I know the common names like Bach, Mozart, Handel ... and might be familiar with a few pieces - they helped me sometime back in overcoming insomnia and restlessness (of course I threw in instrumentals and Jazz - Kenny G and Dave Koz) but on the overall I could mistake one piece for another but nevertheless classical music is great and the Safaricom classical fusion was awesome.

I enjoyed the perfomances by Rhoda Ondeng, the Njoroge Couple (Elizabeth and Njoroge - I am not sure if they are a couple or they just share names but they were great) and I really liked the 11 year old by the name of Vimal who was heavenly on the violin. The Soweto string quartet on the whole did not disappoint and I am sure the high school students who were dancing their feet away to "diamonds on the soles of shoes"would admit to have thoroughly enjoyed the performance by  the brothers and their friend.

For me there was also the extra bonus of seeing Janet Mbugua and Michael Oyier presenting together again on Kenyan TV ... what better treat for a Sunday afternoon.
Michael Oyier and Janet Mbugua: Hosts at the Safaricom Classical fusion


Safaricom outgoing CEO MJ also had a good time although some Zain umbrellas nearly pooped the party for Michael Joseph - Lol  I am sure his nightmares come in Zain colours.

No comments: